TOP NUTRITION & RECOVERY TIPS FOR ATHLETES
With so many athletes going back to their school or teams to start their season, here’s a friendly reminder to help you stay game day ready.
STAYING HYDRATED IS KEY!
You should be drinking water from the moment you wake up until you go to bed. The way to know if you need some H2O is to check your urine color and bodyweight.
Dehydration can lead to:
1. Decrease stamina
2. Reduce recovery
3. Increases likelihood of cramps, pulls, & strains
FUEL YOUR BODY
If you want to stay energize for practice, training, or competition you need to eat proper food for better performance.
- Eat whole foods like Meat, Veggies, Grains, & Fruit
- Avoid sugary and fatty foods and drinks
- Consume carb dense meal prior to practice, training, and competition
- Have a post-workout protein shake and a balanced meal shortly after
- Plan your next meal
GET SOME SLEEP
This is a MAJOR KEY for recovery! Get 8 hours at least. Sleep allows your body to repair and regenerate = GAINS. Turn off your phone.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY!
Everyday you can stretch, foam roll, mobilize, massage, contrast bath, cold tub, etc. Do it everyday.